If you are new to using handcrafted soaps, welcome! I am sure you can see and feel the benefits of handcrafted soaps vs. commercial brand beauty bars. The main difference is the use of high quality ingredients. Handcrafted soap is a mixture of skin loving oils and butters that are rich in vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Different additives such as colloidal oatmeal, botanicals and various plant based powders can be a positive beneficial element to any soap. Below are some tips and tricks on how to make your handcrafted soap last longer.
- Store it high and dry, while not in use keep soap out of water and direct shower stream to avoid melting
- Try not to store in the bathroom. Humidity can soften soap and cause it to break down quicker
- Using a washcloth and will lengthen soap life
- Using a soap dish will help to keep soap dry. Try to get a soap dish with ridges and groves to help water drain off of soap
- Store similar scents together
- If you find soaps are to big, cut into smaller pieces